Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Authoress Edits--I've Got Room For You!

First of all -- loving the critiques, as always!  Please keep them coming.  If you didn't have time to offer your feedback yesterday, jump right in today.

I sometimes forget that I am constantly picking up new readers who may not know the details about my editing services.  So here it is, in a proverbial nutshell:

REGULAR 30-PAGE CRITIQUE:

This is my normal offering.  For $95 (payable in 2 installments), I will critique the first 30 pages of your completed manuscript, offering a detailed line edit and an editorial letter.  Turnaround is 1 to 2 months, depending on the queue and my writing workload.

PREMIERE CRITIQUE:

I offer these when I have time.  For $260 (payable in 2 installments), I will critique the first 75 pages of your completed manuscript, offering a detailed line edit and an editorial letter.  The Premiere Critique has a GUARANTEED 1-week turnaround.

FIRST 3 PAGES:

Occasionally, I will announce that I'm accepting submissions for 3-page critiques for $18.  This is a good way to see if your opening pages are working.

ALL THAT to say:  I am currently available to accept ONE Premiere Critique.  This will be the last Premiere Critique I will offer until July (because June is vacation month).  If you are interested, please email me at authoress.edits(at)gmail.com.  As always, this is first come, first served.

SOME EXTRA LITTLE NOTES:
  • Please don't hire me in lieu of finding a good critique partner.  Swapping your work with colleagues should always come before hiring someone.
  • Please don't hire me to critique your first draft.  Not ever.  I've editing some work in the past that I'm convinced were first drafts, and trust me--it's exhausting to edit.  Nobody should ever (ever) pay for a professional edit of a first draft.  Save the hiring for when you've got a clean manuscript that needs an outsider's eye on the bigger picture.  Then you will truly benefit!
Questions?  Email me, or ask below.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thank you, Authoress, for the offering the recent crit opportunity. I knew my opening wasn't quite working, and the comments left by the reviewers really helped me figure out the issues. In particular, reviewer Dahlia gave some great advice, not just on my piece, but on many other submissions. So thanks, too, to everyone who spent extra time articulating their thoughts. This is a supportive, talented, knowledgable community - I'm glad it's around!

    ReplyDelete