Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Our Second 2014 Baker's Dozen Success Story

They're coming in fast and furious this year!

I'm pleased to announce that Alexandra Ballard has signed with (the admittedly adorable) Kent D. Wolf of Lippincott Massie McQuilkin.  Here is Alexandra's story:

Thanks to Baker’s Dozen, I am starting 2015 with an agent! When I first submitted my YA contemporary entry (#47—Stick Figure), I assumed that, best case scenario, I'd get some helpful feedback on my first 250. Much to my shock and excitement, I ended up receiving three offers of representation from agents participating in the contest! It was all a whirlwind and, after careful consideration, I happily signed with Kent D. Wolf at Lippincott Massie McQuilkin. I am so excited and thankful to everybody who helped make Baker's Dozen possible. Authoress, thanks for having the guts to be Miss Snark's first victim and for picking up when she left off. Your blog helps writers succeed.


7 comments:

  1. Super exciting and huge congrats, Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! *throws confetti* Wishing you much success from this point forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news! What a way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news, now send some of that luck our way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing-I'm so happy for you.
    Auntie Sue

    ReplyDelete